Trolling For Tinfoil
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
 
Meme Time
I have been tasked by Jim to complete the following in order to maintain my cool status.

Ever driven by peer pressure, I shall comply-(Keep in mind I used to play music for a living so my tastes run from the cheesy to the absurd.)

Total volume of music files on my computer: Work- 0 Home- 1gig

The last CD I bought was: Kim Ritchie's Glimmer (What can I say..I love the production values..)

Song playing right now: Poco's Call it Love

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me: Crowded House Don't Dream it's Over -I'm a sucker for a Hammond B3. Great wind down the day song.

Starship's Jane -It's my morning-drive-to-work-and-get-your-ass-awake-tune.

Atlanta Rythym Section Imaginary Lovers Just one of those slow, suck you in and keep you until the song's over kind of tunes. Even if it is about masturbation. It took years to figure that out- I still liked it even after I listened to the lyrics.

Brother Cain's Got no Shame I can't sit still when I hear it. It compells you to sing at the top of your lungs in the car, play air gutar and air drums simultaneously.

Miles Davis- Anything from Kind of Blue.. Required listening if you are serious about music.


That's it-
Be carefull what you wish for.

Comments:
I don't know if you read comments to your earlier posts, so I posted this comment here as a response to our earlier conversation on the "Memorial Day" post.

If you would indeed like to be informed about Pakistan's central and critical role in international terrorism, here are two good links to start with:

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-436es.html

http://terrorism.reallybites.com/

The first contains a ponderous, 22-page policy analysis by the Cato Institute and will likely try your patience, but if you plod through, will hopefully find many insights.

The second is a cheesy-looking, hastily cobbled-together web site, but contains many outbound links to respectable sources on Pakistan and terrorism.

Do let me know what you think if you decide to visit some of these links.

There are more such links where those came from and talk about how Pakistan was also instrumental in proliferating nuclear technology to North Korea and Iran. Have you heard of a certain dubious Pakistani scientist called Mr. A.Q. Khan?

Let me clear one thing up that probably needs clearing up: My efforts at increasing the general awareness about Pakistan's central role in international terrorism does not stem from the fact that I am an Indian (even though Heaven knows that this should be reason enough); it stems from the fact that I care about the needless and unpardonable loss of human lives that result from political terrorism of any sort. I abhor political terrorism, no matter how legitimate the underlying political demand that it attempts to draw attention to -- there are alternative means of displaying political displeasure, IMHO.

In the world that we live in, it is just as likely that an improvised, terrorist, nuclear device will go off in New York as it is likely to go off in New Delhi. When it comes to the victims of terrorism, I do not draw a distinction between Indians and Americans, Spaniards and Philipinos.

I think everybody should be aware of which nations represent the direst danger as far as terrorism is concerned and thus must be dealt with most urgently. And this exhortation extends especially to Americans, because for better or for worse, you folks are doing a fair bit more than others in combating global terrorism. I, and a million others like me, would hate for this commendable effort to be misdirected.

I plan on posting a huge post in my blog on this sometime soon -- many ideas swim in my head. It's just that I seem to be swamped more and more nowadays and pressed for time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger