Trolling For Tinfoil
Sunday, July 31, 2005
 
Considering that I am a professional geek, I am somewhat dismayed to discover that a newly purchased wireless keyboard causes a hardware conflict somewhere, and I'm too disgusted to pursue it any further.

I dick around with this stuff for 8 hours a day, so the last thing I want to do on my weekends is boot/reboot endlessly here in my house.

This was all part of my "go out and buy stuff" fit I had today.
You see, up until now I had a crappy keyboard that had the props broken off and a really cheapo office chair that I bought two years ago for like ten dollars. It's hard to type and be creative sitting on the equivalent of a crate. That had to be the least ergonomic piece of furniture ever designed. It was supposed to be a "student chair" and if so, that would explain the dropout rate in college these days.

Sooo.. Here I sit, kicked back in a leather chair that reclines alittle, with my keyboard firmly esconced in my lap, albeit with a cord tangled around my feet. The Mouse is nifty though.

We payed a gig at Bass Pro Shops today outdoors in the heat- Our guitarist made the wry observation that "You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a redneck". That place is like nirvana for hunter/fishie/outdoorsy types.

This post is really going nowhere fast, isn't it?

I asked a woman out while I was tearing down- She was drop-dead gorgeous and totally out of my league, which is why I don't mind getting shot down in flames. I will ask again, and she'll probably say no, and I'll keep asking up to the point where it gets creepy. I am a very patient man.
It really has nothing to do with me being enamored or star-struck.. It's more like a challenge at this point. A pretty harmless one, provided I remember that it's all in fun, and has to remain so.

I look at it this way- I'm not hurting myself any by being single. The worst I'll get is carpal tunnel.

Comments:
The worst I'll get is carpal tunnel......(giggle giggle)...the pains of being single.

Oh ho, (laughing) SO funny you say that. Thats been my line for a few yrs.
Hope your nice and comphy now so you don't get carpal tunnel from typing. (huge laughs)
 
Well, about the woman and continuing to ask her out. As a friend of mine says: "There's a fine line between courting and stalking; I had a judge in Texas explain it to me once." Best of luck!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger