Trolling For Tinfoil
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
 
I'm a "Gadget Slut"
Balajee left a comment in response to yetserday's post, suggesting that we post pictures of ourselves with "Junk" of a different nature..
NOW we're talkin'.

You've heard comedians talk about what ment think about all the time-Jeff Foxworthy postulates that we, as men- would "like a beer and we'd like to see sump'n nekkid". Not bad.

In my particular case, speaking as a card-holding member of the male species, I would like to put forth that all men have A.D.D.
Ladies, how many times have you been out to eat with your S.O., venting about your boss, your best friend's wedding, and so on, only to see his attention immediately caught by something shiny- Or, something curvy? I've done it. I can be mid-conversation. doing my best "attentive listener" imitation, and stop mid-sentence when I see someone walk by with a new phone, or a blackberry, or a new PDA. I've been known to sit open mouthed, staring at women in beer commercials, gazing in rapt fascination at the TV just over her head. I cannot help it.

So, back to Balajee's idea- Post pictures of ourselves with gadgets. Mmmm.. Maybe. I can tell you what I have thus far- Two guitars, three amps, a big screen sony, a sony clie' (PDA) my PC is pretty hot- Hardware wise- I have big honkin' speakers for it, I have XM satellite radio in my truck, I have a 94 Z-28, a Foreman grill (The bachelor's best friend..) an IPod, and so on..

Now.. My wish list? Dual flat panel LCD monitors (21 inch, no less) a blackberry (which would be immediately useless, since I don't get that many interesting E-mails) , a digital recording studio, (best used on MAC's which I hate..) And..
Rachel Wiesz or Sandra Bulllock. Kate Beckinsdale will do as a fill in, and I hear Jennfer Anniston is in need of a good shoulder to cry on.

That should do for starters.

Comments:
Isn't Sandra Bullock married now? Rob, don't tell me you ...
 
Yes, she married Jesse James. There truly is no god.

I.. What????
 
OK, I'll be nice. Do you only want what you know you can't get?
 
Nope.. Once I know I can't get it, I'm done.
 
Good man.
 
Gadget Slut indeed..lol
 
Rob:

That's not too bad at all. In my case, my wife thinks I am beyond help. If I had a dollar for every cable I had, I would be a very wealthy man..

Guitars you say.. that's cool. I have been interested in learning to play the guitar for a while now. It will surely add to the gadget list :)

As far as the femme fatale.. Touche!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger