Trolling For Tinfoil
Sunday, August 14, 2005
 
Wow.. Where to begin.

My lunch date yesterday yielded some interesting blog fodder. (See? I knew something good would come out of it.) We agreed to meet for a quick, casual lunch Saturday afternoon, midway between her place and mine. She was punctual, about 25lbs heavier than her pics, but pretty much as advertised. Pretty face, great eyes. We ordered, exchanged the usual nice-to-meet-you-in person things, and other snall talk. Over the course of conversation when our food arrived, it was revealed the she used to work at Hooter's, and then tend bar in a strip club in Baltimore. (Okay, so I won't be taking this one home to meet Mom anytime soon..)

The Hooter's thing is pretty easy to write off- Anybody with decent looks would probably make a killing.. The strip club? Alarm bells. She doesn't strike me as the type to be paying for her master's degree by moonlighting in a strip club. (Just a hunch.) She has children, and they're adorable, so we looked at pictures, while keeping the conversation vague, punctuated by her touching my hands for emphasis.

Okay- This lasts about 45 minutes, and I'm getting a better read on her by this point- I'm still keeping an open mind, but I'm not "feeling" it. This, I think- Is a lonely girl at home with her daughters, trying to find somebody with a bar-scene vibe since she can't get out much. I do give her mad props for having those priorities in order.

I pay the tab, and we walk out to the parking lot (keep in mind, it's 90-plus degrees outside) and I walk her to her car.

Here's where it gets interesting.

I was thinking hug, she was thinking kiss. Okay, a quick kiss it is.
No.
This was grab-the-back-of-my-head, movie/hollywood attack kiss. Once I got over the initial surprise, I jumped in with both feet. Briefly. For about a minute, at which point the launch sequence was being initiated, so I pulled away, said "Yikes.. I gotta go.." and bolted for my car.

I made sure her car started and was moving, and shot off down the highway as fast as ol' faitfull would go- Which wasn't very fast, since I also had the AC on high..

She calls me on the cell about a minute later, and I stammer that I had to go, or it would have gone a lot farther that I wanted to go at that point. She agreed.

Fast forward to two A.M.

The guitarist and I are pondering life's mysteries as we always do after gigs, and my cell phone rings. Somehow, I just know..
Tenative "hello" after verifying the number, and lo-and-behold, it's her.. Drunk. Apparently feeling amorous since her married girlfriend had picked up some guy at the bar, and she wanted a playtoy too. I listened politely for a few minutes, tried to keep the conversation focused on mundane things, and make up an excuse that I had to go, since I was almost home.

All this from a few conversations on the phone and lunch? Yeesh- Imagine what a nice dinner might have gotten me.

Comments:
Must have been one heck of a kiss.
What is it with people now-a-days? I wouldn't call a man up after just meeting him. Expecially for THAT..lol
Give her props though, she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go for it.
Have fun Rob.
 
Eh... I prefer someone who isn't so... Generous.
 
Some guys have all the luck!! ;-)
 
Yowza!
 
I imagine a nice dinner would have gotten you nothing more than the disastrous lunch did. You wouldn't let it. So, you really are an upright man, heh! What about the woman you said you're trying to lure into meeting face-to-face? Any word yet? Just remember, Rob, you said "I'm open." Sit back, relax and enjoy.
 
Well, at least you haven't lost your touch, Rob!

By the way, finally updated my links page to include you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger