Trolling For Tinfoil
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
 
Tagged By ~K
1. Black and White, or color? How do you prefer your movies?
Color. To be more specific, I like the old 50's technicolor movies that they used to show on TBS when I was a kid. I grew up in Florida, where July and August were brutally hot- So, there were times when you just sat inside and watched those movies they showed in the afternoon.


2. What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?
That depends. Some days, I am so distracted, everything bores me. I guess to be more specific- If I am having one of those "bad" days (and they happen a lot less lately, but I still relapse into the past every now and then..) everything annoys me. But outright, watch-paint-dry boring? Physics class used to do that to me. We had a teacher that spoke in a dry monotone and had all the personality of- Well, an engineer. The only thing I remember from physics is that things fall at a rate of 32 ft per second, and light travels at 186000 miles per second. That's it. ZZZZzzzz.

3. MP3's, CD's, Cassettes, or Vinyl?
MP3's as of late. I am a geek, you know. Yeesh.

4. If you were handed a first class plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars and told all of it could be yours- IF you leave and don't tell anyone where you are going- ever. This includes family, friends- everyone. Forever. Would you do it?
Nope. Too selfish.
My family would be in anguish, never knowing what happened to me, and would always imagine the worst. Just not worth it. Believe me, I think about just disappearing quite often these days,but I'd at least let my family know.

5. What do you consider the world's most pressing issue now?
Islam.
I'm aware of the fact that that statement has some old "commie pinko lib'ruls" undertones, but the "religion of peace" seems to have declared active war on- Well.. Just about everyone. There seems to be no middle greound for them at the moment- At least for those making all the noise.

6. How would you rectify the world's most pressing issue?
Hmm. A simple, crude strategy would be to give them a continent. Let them have half of Jerusalem, all of Africa. May god or Allah help them if they do anything other than look across the border.
I know. It wouldn't work, but it's a thought. This is why I do not try to solve the world's problems.

7. You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
There is one person whom I wish I had never laid eyes upon. Other than that- and even when I include She-who-must-not-be-named, I am the sum of my experiences, both good and bad.

8. You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would it be?
Nothing. Things happen, and situations arise from those events. Now- If I could go back and observe? Lincoln would have been fun to see in action, as would Churchill, or maybe R.E. Lee.

9. Opera, or Grand Ole' Opry?
Both. One can be as tedious as the other, so I'd like to bounce between them when the other gets boring.

10. What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you'd like to solve?
JFK's assasination.
The infamous grassy knoll, the storm drain, Miami, the mob.. A lot of people died in odd ways. People that were connected in one way or another, just.. Gone. That strikes me as- I dunno..Against the law of averages.

11. What famous author would you like to have over for dinner. What would you serve?
Kerouac? Nope. Too self-absorbed. Tolstoy? Nope. Too tedious. Nabokov? Mmmmaybe.
I think I'll go for John D. MacDonald. He was the best comentator of modern society I have yet to see. He's since passed away, but if he were here, we'd have-
Steak, (grilled of course..) garlic mashed potatoes and salad. Nothing special, but I'd at least make sure I had some quality gin on hand for him.

12. You discover that John Lennon was right, and there's no hell below us, and above us there is only sky. What's the first immoral thing you would do to celebrate this fact?
Nothing. It's not the threat of hell that keeps me from doing immoral things. Everything has a price, and most immoral things cost you more than the pleasure derived from it. Mostly, I think I'd marvel at the fact that Lennon was right about something other than chord structure and a clever turn of phrase. People take musicians far too seriously as it is.

Comments:
Hmmm, interesting!
 
pertaining to #4, where would you most like to run to?
I think we all enjoy the notion of running away. I want to go to Maine and get snowed in ~naturally with all the supplies for a year.
 
Hey Rob, now that ~K mentioned it, what's this nonsense about a disappearing act and telling only family. What about your cyberfriends? Would you make us just wonder if you fell off the edge of the blogosphere? Where would ~K and I go to perform our little cheer routine? We worked hard on this project, you know.
 
Ok, Rob. How long do we now have to wait for you to post something of substance?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger